As Civic Champs continues to grow, we are looking to bring on a lead mobile engineer with a focus on React Native and cross-platform development.
As Civic Champs continues to grow, we are looking to bring on a lead mobile engineer with a focus on React Native and cross-platform development. Our application continues to evolve and expand, with many projects both on mobile and the web geared to help nonprofits and their volunteers make an even greater impact. As our lead mobile engineer, you will work collaboratively with stakeholders across the entire company, from sales to product and design. You will be responsible for helping to craft a product roadmap and for ensuring our applications can deliver the best-in-class user experience.
What we look for
- The ability to work independently and with other engineers to develop new, user experience-focused features, and provide support for existing systems and applications.
- Collaborate with designers, other engineers, stakeholders, and clients to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product using the best technologies.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning projects.
- Participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing.
- Comfort working in a fast high-iteration startup environment with high levels of ambiguity, autonomy, and shifting requirements
- React Native (1+ years)
- Mobile development experience with both iOS and Android (3+ years, React Native or other)
- Passion and attention to detail for UX. Requires a strong ability to quickly understand code and how it will affect our users.
- Excellent planning, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Understanding of best practices for mobile development, software design, and DevOps principles.
- 5+ years of experience running past applications in production, including troubleshooting multiple platforms (different devices, OS versions, etc)
- You value code quality and maintainability.
- Previous remote working experience.
Nice to have
- Previous startup experience
- Broad experience with React.js ecosystem (Redux, hooks, Saga, etc)
- Experience with design and product design tools
- Fullstack Experience with Postgres and Node.js
- Familiarity with build tools: Typescript, fastlane, Webpack, Lerna, etc.
- Testing/coverage frameworks & solutions
- DevOps on AWS and/or AWS services (Cognito, Lambda, S3, SMS, Cod
- Previous experience mentoring or leading other engineers