Civic Champs is looking for a Lead Engineer to join our team and help us grow. We are looking for someone who is passionate about great code and helping the overall team grow in skill and quality.
HOW YOU CAN HELP?
As Civic Champs continues to grow, we are looking to bring on a full-stack lead engineer. The team has many features to enhance and many more to add to our existing platform so we can help nonprofits make an even greater impact. As our lead engineer, you will work collaboratively with stakeholders across the entire company, from sales to product and design. You will also be responsible for helping to craft a product roadmap and manage the development pipeline.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Has the ability to work independently and with other engineers to develop new features and provide support for existing systems and applications
- Can collaborate with designers, other engineers, stakeholders, and clients to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product using the best technologies
- Can assist in scoping, estimating, and planning projects
- Can participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing
- Is comfortable working in a fast high-iteration startup environment with high levels of ambiguity, autonomy, and shifting requirements
WHAT HARD SKILLS ARE NEEDED?
- Extensive prior experience in developing Node.js applications (3+ years)
- SQL (4+ years - significant Postgres experience a plus)
- React.js (3+ years)
- Broad experience with React.js ecosystem (Redux, hooks, Saga, etc)
- DevOps on AWS and/or AWS services (2+ years - Cognito, Lambda, S3, SMS, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, etc.)
- Experience running past applications in production, including troubleshooting multiple platforms (5+ years)
- Familiarity with build tools: Typescript, Webpack, Lerna, fastlane, etc.
WHAT SOFT SKILLS ARE NEEDED?
- Passion and attention to detail. Requires a strong ability to quickly understand code and how it will affect our users
- Excellent planning, communication, and collaboration skills
- Understanding of best practices for web development, software design, and DevOps principles
- You value code quality and maintainability
- Previous remote working experience
- An excellent "system intuition". Requires a strong ability to parse complexity, debug, and quickly understand what is going on / how it needs to change
NICE TO HAVE
- Previous startup experience
- Experience with design and product design tools
- Testing/coverage frameworks & solutions
- Previous experience mentoring or leading other engineers
- Experience with React Native, Hybrid Apps, or Native Mobile Development