Our Mentorship Outreach Coordinator will be critical to the development of our new mentorship platform conducting market research, community engagement, product strategy, and customer relations.
Civic Champs has recently received an award from the R.K. Mellon Social-Impact Investment Pitch Competition to further develop our mentorship platform and app. Initially started as a pilot project with MENTOR National, the mentor app pairs opportunity youth (youth aged 16-24 that are disconnected from work and/or school) with mentors who can help them on their path to success. Such guidance can propel them to acquire significantly higher income, greater homeownership and employment rates, and better health outcomes than they otherwise would. As we continue to build the mentor app, we are looking to bring in new talent.
We are seeking a Mentorship Outreach Coordinator to join the team in Pittsburgh, PA, and help toward the development of our mentorship platform. The ideal candidate is someone with an intimate understanding of workplace mentorship, particularly with opportunity youth or diverse hires. They know the importance of mentorship, connect easily with potential customers (corporations) and target audiences. They enjoy conducting hands-on market research to understand the needs of potential users, and can employ a range of business development skills to get nonprofits and corporations alike to adopt the app.
What we look for:
- Passionate about the power of mentorship for diverse hires in a workplace environment
- Strong business development skills– someone who is eager to reach out to outside organizations and encourage them to try the mentorship platform
- A curious mindset, ready to interview our target customers (both corporate and nonprofit) and users (mentors and mentees) to learn more about what they seek in a mentorship product
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and growth environment with limited structure and guidance
- Ability to look at each situation with adaptability, flexibility and innovation
- Self-starter with a high level of internal motivation to succeed
- Desire to make a larger impact in the world by giving organizations technology solutions that impact change for the greater good
What you will do:
- Connect with corporations and mentorship organizations, introduce them to the mentoring platform, and gauge what they seek in a product
- Act as a liaison among a wide range of stakeholders including corporations, workforce development organizations, and nonprofits
- Conduct feedback surveys with current mentorship platform clients to understand their experiences
- Determine ways to improve our business, product, approach and customer programs
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to test new features
- Partner with our Customers Success team to maintain customer satisfaction
- Set and meet goals for mentorship platform outreach and sales
- Update client data and communications within HubSpot CRM
- Have the ability to be flexible in terms of work environment, whether that is remote or in-person
Nice to have:
- Experience with the Pittsburgh mentorship community a big plus
- Experience working in a tech startup a plus
- Experience with HubSpot a plus
SALARY: $40,000 - $60,000 depending on experience for a full time position. Willing to consider part-time candidates as well.
Interested candidates, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .