“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened”
- Anatole France
Animal Shelter News 🐶
- The Future of Animal Shelters - During the pandemic, many Americans began fostering animals. Animal shelters across the country believe that fostering will become a central component of animal sheltering, benefitting both the people who choose to foster and the pets themselves. Fear Free Happy Homes
- Humane Society Covid-19 Aid - At the start of the pandemic, the Humane Society of the United States launched a relief fund to support animal shelters and other organizations to help combat the economic downturns. Humane Society.org
Our favorite stories 🐱
- Resilience! Cat Jumps from 5 Story Building, Bounces, and then Walks Away - The Chicago Fire Department shared a video of a cat jumping five stories and walking away escaping a burning building. Authorities reported no injuries from both cats and people. NBC News
- Animal Shelter Throws Birthday Party for 19 Year Old Cat without a Home- Cincinnati Animal CARE Humane Society decorated his cage complete with a toy cake and candle. Future owners must throw Sammy another birthday party when he turns 20 on June 15, 2022. Newsweek
Fresh Nonprofit and Volunteering News 💞
- 2020 Charitable Giving Reflections and 2021 Forecasts: The long term downward trend in the overall number of donors was reversed in 2020, driven by large dollar donators who had also given in 2019. What does that mean for 2021? Likely a return to pre-pandemic giving patterns for human service focused nonprofits.
- Hope Post-Pandemic: Adults are invested in becoming involved in civic life post-pandemic, especially younger adults in Generation Z . Americans are most encouraged to participate in civic engagement for reasons related to personal fulfillment.
- Fundraising Strategy: How can your nonprofit reduce dependency on grants and build a strong individual giving program? Start small, test new tactics for engaging donors online, learn what motivates your donors, and give donors the recognition they want amongst other tactics.
- Volunteering as Re-Integration: Consider re-framing volunteering as the ultimate post pandemic re-integration activity: it benefits physical and mental health, provides personal fulfillment, and allows folks to feel like they are contributing to the recovery of their communities.